For most flower growers any kind is considered an integral pet. variety of cactiamong which not least the forest Ripsalidopsis occupies, the cultivation of which at home is within the reach of everyone. This bright "Easter" cactus is similar to some other varieties of thorny plants, however, thanks to a separate series of characteristics, it is quite easy to distinguish it from its fellows. You can read about planting and caring for him in this article, but for now look at the cactus ripsalidopsis in the photo:
Proper care of Ripsalidopsis at home
The plant blooms very beautifully, but for its high-quality growth and abundant color for the cactus must be properly maintained. If in natural conditions it usually grows in the shade of large trees, then in the room for this representative of the flora you need a shady corner - with enough light, but not direct. Proper care for Ripsalidopsis at home includes the obligatory shading of the plant. The direct rays of the sun will be disastrous for the plant.
To properly care for Ripsalidopsis at home, you need to know a few simple but obligatory nuances. The main ones are:
- Shine. In the yard or on the garden plot, the plant can be planted in the shade of shrubs or trees. In the house it can be bright, but far from direct sunlight.
- Temperature. These flowers are thermophilic and quite capricious in this regard. In winter, the temperature should be from 16 to 18 degrees of heat, in summer, from 18 to 23 degrees with a plus. On the hottest days, the flower can be removed in any cool room in the house - for example, a bathroom, as it can stay for some time without natural light, and arid heat can be destructive for it.
- Watering. Water the plant should be regularly, tracking, to avoid stagnation of water in the pot. In case of severe drought, the flower is sprayed, the humidity of the air should also be as high as possible. During the rest period, water less and do not spray.
- Fertilizer. Root and extra root top dressings are performed 1-2 once a month. For these purposes, use ready-made mixtures intended for forest cacti. Organic fertilizer feeding is not recommended.
- The soil. This species of cacti needs loose, rough soil. It is necessary to prepare a substrate of light peat mixture with leafy earth and perlite (or large river sand) - with good acidity and permeability.
- Period of rest. October-February - this period of time is considered easy for the plant. When watering is reduced, the bud of flower buds is stimulated. Already in mid-February, the cactus can be transferred to a warmer place and watered more abundantly.
The Ripsalidopsis bloom begins in early spring and lasts for the month 2-2,5. White, pinkish, dark red bright flowers bloom at the tips of fleshy or thinner shoots. In this case, a very important nuance: it is absolutely impossible to transfer the plant to another place or simply turn the plant when the buds appear, because the buds immediately fall off.
With proper care and maintenance in the right conditions, the plant will be able to please its owners for a long time. Even in the photo, Ripsalidopsis looks as impressive and bright as possible, decorating any interior styles and trends.
Reproduction of the original cactus species and the main hazards
These types of flora representatives breed quite simply - the broken segment is dried a little and vertically stuck into the wet ground. After the appearance of the roots of cactus planted in the finished substrate. Consider the reproduction of the original cactus species and the main dangers that await the novice grower at this stage.
After flowering, seeds can be obtained from the fruit of the plant, the germination of which can persist for 3-4-year period. However, from seedlings, flowering plants will form no earlier than in 3 of the year. If you plant a few petioles in one pot then you will get an original and richly flowering bush. Several varieties planted together look especially colorful when each Ripsalidopsis flower is distinguished by its brightness and color shades.
For diseases and pests, the plant is quite stable. A great danger can conceal a spider mite, mealybug and shchitovka. With a soft and wrinkled green part, it may be that the flower lacks moisture. Dark grounds and lethargy of the shoots will indicate the decay of the root system.
Variety of species - Ripsalidopsis pink and other varieties
The variety of species of this forest cactus can ensure the quality and originality of the decoration of any types of rooms and open spaces. The most relevant are the following varieties that are successful in living rooms:
- A small bushy Ripsalidopsis pink. It has soft pink flowers with a diameter of 5 cm and ribbed segments. Compact and unpretentious, known under the name Ripsalidopsis rosea.
- Epiphytic and bushy Ripsalidopsis Gartner. The plant is considered to be hanging or creeping, see 15-20 tall. Scarlet-red colorful flowers bloom from April to May.
You can create a Ripsalidopsis mix quite brightly and in an original way, by mixing several varieties in one pot or flowerbed. Qualitatively and confidently approaching the issue, you can provide a lively, attractive design of any room, courtyard, a separate section. There are other varieties that can be seen in the photo below: